Terms and Conditions of Booking
Falmouth Holiday Homes & Flushing Holiday Cottages – Booking Terms & Conditions.
1. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable owner of the property. The contract shall be between you (The Customer) and the relevant Property Owner (The Owner) acting through Falmouth Holiday Homes and / or Flushing Holiday Cottages (The Agents), but will not exist until The Customer has completed a provisional booking request, The Agent has confirmed receipt of the provisional booking request, and the Owner has confirmed acceptance of the booking to The Agents. All of these actions must be complete before a contract will be deemed to be in place.
2. Falmouth Holiday Homes and / or Flushing Holiday Cottages acts only as The Agent for The Owner of the holiday properties featured on our website and other advertisements. We do not sell or offer for sale any “packages” or act as an “organiser” within the meaning of the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 or the Package Holidays and Travel Trade Act 1995, and these Regulations do not apply to any booking you may make. We accept no liability whatsoever in relation to any contract that you enter into or for any Property, services or other arrangements that you purchase. You also accept that in acting as Agent for The Owner Falmouth Holiday Homes and / or Flushing Holiday Cottages will not be liable for any negligence on the part of The Owner resulting in loss, injury or accident under any circumstances.
3. A 25% deposit is required within 7 days of making the provisional booking. The balance is due 8 weeks before arrival – 10 weeks from overseas. If you book less than eight weeks before you arrive full payment is required at the time of booking.
4. Payment can be made by bank transfer, PayPal or cheque. Please use your booking number as the reference when you make the transfer. Late payment could result in your holiday being cancelled – in this event any payments already made will not be refunded and you will remain liable for the outstanding balance if we are unable to secure an alternative reservation for the period.
5. Cancellations will only be accepted in writing. We will endeavour to re-let the property for the period concerned, but this is entirely at our discretion and is done simply to assist you from a customer service perspective. However, the condition of booking is that the full cost of the rental must be paid if not re-let. If such re-letting can be arranged, the balance (or 75% of the total), if already paid, will be refunded less a 15% administration charge. The deposit (or 25% of the total) will not be refunded under any circumstances. It is therefore in your own interest to take out appropriate Holiday Cancellation Insurance to cover associated losses.
6. All Tenancies begin at 4.00pm on the first date of the booking and end at 10.00am on checkout day unless otherwise specified.
7. Breakages, loss or damage must be reported and paid for before departure. Any damage or defects noted on arrival must be reported to us immediately. If damages occur and are not reported the person who made the booking is totally responsible for any costs incurred. We reserve the right to repossess the property at any time, where you or any member of your party has caused significant damage. In these exceptional circumstances there shall be no liability to make a refund of any remaining portion of the hire terms paid. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time without prior notice in order to carry out essential maintenance or emergency repairs.
8. For some properties a security deposit is required. This must be received at least 8 weeks prior to arrival at the same time as the balance of the rental cost. The deposit is fully refundable by way of cheque within 7 days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
- Any damage or defects noted on arrival were reported to us immediately.
- The property was left in a clean and tidy state.
- No damage was done to property or its contents.
- No charges were incurred by the owner due to illegal activity, pets or services rendered during the stay.
- All debris, rubbish and discards were placed in the rubbish bin, and soiled dishes were placed in the dishwasher.
- All keys and parking permits (if applicable) were left on departure.
- No linens or towels were lost or damaged.
- Any items that were damaged or broken during the stay were reported to the agent as soon as possible. The cost of repairs or similar replacements will be deducted from the security deposit before it is returned.
- If the cost of damage or breakage rectification should exceed the deposit held the balance will become immediately due.
9. Every endeavour is made to see that the property is clean for your arrival. For the whole of the period included within your booking you will be responsible for the property and you will be expected to take all reasonable care of it. The property and all equipment and utensils must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. Duvets, bed linen & towels are provided.
10. Where reserved parking spaces or garages are offered these are usually only suitable for a standard sized saloon vehicle and may not be suitable for large vehicles, MPV’s or 4×4’s. Parking is entirely at the vehicle owner’s risk.
11. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside all of our properties. If this rule is not respected a £100 additional cleaning charge will be levied without exception.
12. Dogs may be brought by prior arrangement only, at an additional cost of £25 per dog per week. Dogs are only accepted on the strict understanding that they are kept under control, exercised off the premises, do not soil the property or gardens, and are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture, nor should they be left in the property unsupervised. Any damage caused will be charged. Please bring your dogs bed. Sorry no cats allowed. An additional cleaning charge of £100 will be levied if these terms are not respected.
13. We endeavour to ensure that the information provided about the property is correct. However mistakes do inevitably happen so please ensure you check all the relevant details of your chosen property before you arrive. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any inaccurate, misleading or incomplete information about the property in any advertisements unless express clarification or confirmation of the relevant facilities has been provided in writing prior to your arrival.
14. Where Internet access is offered at a property it is for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed / service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Please note that we are unable to guarantee the integrity of Internet connections in those properties that have WiFi, as signals are subject to inevitable supplier network issues from time to time.
15. Some apartments are accessed by both passenger lift and staircase. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the passenger lifts will be working at all times this cannot be guaranteed and no reduction in rental rates will be made should a passenger lift be out of order for any length of time.
16. We do not expect to make any changes to your booking. Occasionally changes do occur after bookings have been confirmed. In this event confirmed bookings may have to be amended or cancelled due to circumstances out of our control. We will endeavour to provide alternative accommodation if available. If this is not possible a full refund will be made and we will be liable for no additional expenses or compensation claims thereafter.
17. In no circumstances may the number of people stipulated in the property description be exceeded and only those listed at the time of booking may occupy the property. A cot may only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less. We reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund for a breach of these conditions. A child over 24 months counts as a person. There is no charge for infants under 24 months occupying a cot.
18. We regret that we are unable to accommodate stag or hen parties, or parties where the lead guest is under the age of 25 years. The respective property owners reserve the right to decline any reservation that they do not feel is suitable for their property for any reason whatsoever.
19. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that you enjoy your holiday, neither The Agent or The Owner are able to prevent building or maintenance works being carried out at neighbouring or adjoining properties owned by third parties, and the presence of such works does not entitle you to claim a partial or full refund.
20. If on arrival at the property you do not consider that it complies with the advertised description, or if you consider that it is not fit for your occupation for any reason, you must advise us immediately by calling 01326 567344 or 07717 000040 in order that an appropriate investigation can be made. We will not consider any claim or complaint arising from alleged defect or misdescription of the property unless notice is lodged in this manner within 24 hours of arrival at the property. Likewise, any issues or problems that may arise with the property during your stay must be immediately reported to us on 01326 567344 or 07717 000 040. This is the quickest way of resolving any problems that might occur. Under no circumstances will we entertain any claims for goodwill payments or compensation for issues or problems that were not reported within 24 hours of arrival or as soon as they occurred.